There are lots of changes going on with the transition to the NDIS, and we want to give you the most up to date information.
This week we met with management from the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS). Unions NSW, the Public Service Association (PSA) and the Nurses Association plus other unions attended.
We delivered a clear message: ADHC homecare workers need some answers and some security.
Here is what we know:
- The plan to move workers and clients out of ADHC to be signed off by mid-2014 and implemented by 2018
- No one transferred before then (except Hunter Launch Site)
- HACC Funding changes to take place in 2015 but FACS are lobbying for alignment with NDIS timetable
- FACS will work for a Framework agreement to protect your wages and entitlements, but want more info from Unions (and Government sign off)
- A transfer payment is possible, but specific amounts not committed to yet
- From the end of January there will be paid time in team meetings to get updates from Unions
The next meeting with FACS management is on 30 January 2014.